AS WE PRESS ON IN 2020...
By Dr. Hal Kitchings - January 30th, 2020
AS WE PRESS ON IN 2020, HERE’S A QUICK REVIEW OF MUCH OF WHAT WE’VE LEARNED DURING OUR EMPHASIS ON PRAYER THIS MONTH…
I recently concluded reading the book, Kingdom Prayer, by Dr. Tony Evans. He concludes his writing with the following principles:
1. Draw close to God’s Son, giving Jesus Christ access to and rule over every place of your life. Practice this lordship of Jesus every day so you might hear His voice and honor His kingdom.
2. Prayer is relational communication with God. Be sincere, direct, and honest in your prayers.
3. Your Father in heaven is in charge. He is sovereign over all which means He has the power and wisdom to answer our prayers in the right way at the right time.
4. Pray often (1 Thess. 5:16), and listen for His response.
5. Pray specifically, persistently, and expectantly.
6. Your prayers should benefit others, bring glory to God, and advance God’s kingdom agenda.
7. Solitude allows you to hear God’s supernatural voice.
8. Effective prayer requires obedience.
9. Have a growing faith (the size of a mustard seed) so God may answer your prayers. Unbelief limits what God will do in and through your life.
10. Consider fasting at times of crisis. By fasting, you deliberately show God that you are serious about getting His attention, and you can listen intently for His voice.
Until Next Time…